Monday, November 12, 2007

Why Bother?

You know, from time to time we all go through funks for no apparent reason. Someone close to me is in a funk right now, and since I understand the funk I'm sympathetic and I'm doing what I can to help this person out. However, I am not willing to be a punching bag and that's what I'm getting treated as. I'm speaking metamorphically, not literally. A lot of times you can say the same thing to three different people and have each of them interpret it differently. When you have someone who is overly sensitive and turns everything you say into an insult or a dig, it makes it really, really hard to continue communication. I'm in that Why Bother frame of mind now, because no matter how innocently I say something it gets turned around and I'm the bad guy. One thing about me is you get what you see. If I like you, you know it and if I don't like you, you really know it. I don't try to be mysterious or hard to read, especially with those that I'm close to. I'm one of those friends that you better not ask my opinion unless you really want it because I'm just not the type of person to say what you want to hear, I'll give you my real opinion. At this point I have no idea where I'm going with this. I'm just frustrated because no matter what I do, it's wrong and I'm not graceful enough to walk on eggshells.

Sorry to be such a downer on a Monday morning. Hopefully I'll have some great adventure or funny story to share this afternoon. Our tv repair guy is supposed to come by today to fix our tv which has been broadcasting in glaucomavision. It's a rear-projection tv and the convergence unit is off, which has slightly separated the 3 colors so when you watch tv your eyes feel all bulgy and distorted like you have glaucoma. Maybe I should start smoking maryjane until the tv is fixed.

No comments: