Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Saved by Drapery


This afternoon, Donna was over here hanging my drapes that Fidel still doesn't know about. She had just came in and I was going to get a step stool when I heard a crazy thump thump thump wheeeeeaaahhhhhhhh sound and Donna's eyes were as big as dinner plates. Turns out the crazy noise was my poor Moggie taking the quick way down the stairs, ass over teakettle, forehead first into the hardwood floor. She had tripped over her long nightgown and she slid down an entire flight of wooden stairs. Donna was closer to her and she ran to grab her and passed her to me, and when I saw the huge goose egg on her forehead I seriously nearly fainted. Not just overusing the nearly fainted phrase, I seriously was on my way to fainting until good ol' Jersey girl Donna yelled at me and brought me back to my senses. She totally saved the day because I am SO not good at seeing my children injured. Common sense just flies out the window and I'm left looking like a hysterical idiot. I probably would have called 911 when I came to if I had been here alone. I look at it this way, the drapes led to Donna being here, which for sure saved us more money than I spent on the drapes. I don't imagine ambulance rides are cheap.

The drapes look wonderful, Moggie is fine except for a big purple bruise, and now I just need to work on my "Ta-Daaa" and Vanna White pose for when Fidel gets home from a business dinner here shortly. Pray for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap!! Get that girl an ice pack! It looks like she's growing a second head! Bama

Anonymous said...

Mercy Day! Your poor baby....... I'm so glad she's okay!

ErIn said...

Don't lie, you know it was a pack of bacon to the forehead that did that! ;-)



Just kidding..

Give that poor girl some kisses from us!

Stacy said...

Poor baby! How did the drapes go over with Fidel?

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way, common sense goes out the window when my kids are hurt. I usually cry more than they do. :) Glad she's ok!

Maybe you could post a picture of your nice, new curtains! ::::hint, hint:::
L.

Tilly said...

Holy mother of god, that's HUGE. Poor little chica.

Cinnamon said...

Poor baby girl!! I am glad that the drapery saved your sanity and wallet. BTW, how was Fidel's reaction?