Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Double Med Day, I Mean Thanksgiving!

I did most of my cooking and drudgery yesterday in preparation for the Turkey Coma today. I wanted to have everything except for turkey and stuffing and gravy done so that I'd have time to watch the parade with my beautiful angels and dear husband. Well the beautiful angels bitched and moaned about anything and everything, and asked me every 23.6 seconds, "Is it time for the parade yet?" until I was forced to the medicine cabinet to drug the devil out of me. I really need to get some booze that works with coffee because honey, there are days that booze with coffee would really help. Like Thanksgiving, and Mondays. I started to pop a Xanax but I didn't want to end up doing the tango around the kitchen with the raw turkey. That wouldn't be the worst or most gross thing I've done under the influence of Xanax, unfortunately.

Anyway, we all survived another Thanksgiving. Tootie even led us in a prayer and we went around the table saying what we were thankful for. The Baptists taught her well. Dinner was delicious, blah blah blah. I got my nap and did my online shopping so I can even sleep in tomorrow since I've blown my budget already. All in all, it was a pretty good day. Hope you all had a great day as well!

4 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

"until I was forced to the medicine cabinet to drug the devil out of me" I'm just going to start pretending that I come up with these awesome lines. You are a riot!

Stacy said...

I agree with Lotta when it comes to you and your whitty comments. I've "borrowed" a few from you here and there! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ditto Lotta! I swear I nearly pee a little every time I read your posts.

JoeinVegas said...

Cognac, either cognac or Kahlua, both good with coffee. Or without coffee. Whatever.