Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bragging and Gingivitis

You know how I've been bitching and begging any seasonal mythical creature who will listen for a new computer because of the whack-ass lines running down my screen? Well, my angel of a husband came home late from a business dinner last night looking beat down tired and started fiddling around with his computer. Next thing I know, he had swapped out the drives in our identical laptops so now I have the good computer. How sweet is that? I know I'm not normally sappy but I was really touched.

Speaking of touching, I had my semi-annual dental cleaning right before Halloween and I've had freaking gingivitis ever since. I don't normally have this problem but I'm just eat up with swollen painful gums. Maybe she used some dirty floss on me or something. They are probably tired of my teeth being healthy so they are sabotaging my dental health so they can squeeze some money out of my insurance company. Little do they know that there's no way in hell I'll let them do anything beyond cleaning and fillings, and the filling part is even questionable because they don't do sedation. Sedation dentistry is a beautiful thing and it's about the only humane way to work on someone's teeth. Why would anyone suffer through something like a root canal while wide awake? I'm all for a Valium appetizer and some sweet gas or an IV for dental procedures. I'm a freak about dental work so it's in everyone's best interest if I'm in la-la land if I need anything done. Too bad the gyno's office hasn't bought into the whole sedation thing. That whole experience would be much more pleasurable. Valium appetizer, pap smear and a nice dinner afterwards. I should go into business selling these ideas. Don't you always feel like they should at least buy you dinner after you get up into the stirrups?

4 comments:

Cinnamon said...

That was awfully sweet of Fidel to switch that for you . . . did he not see the drapes first? ;)

I would be glad to go into business with you on the sedated pap smears, I can be your office help. :D

Mom O Matic said...

Sedated with my legs up in the air is why I'm a mommy twice over. I think I'll pass on the obgyn laughing gas. But I wish my dentist used the stuff!

Jennifer said...

Lotta, I swear that skeleton visitor was bringing your funny back!

Calvin Fred said...
This comment has been removed by the author.