Friday, November 9, 2007

I'll Take One of Everything

Fidel is in NYC this week and today he emailed me from his Crackberry to tell me he was at the L'Occitane shop and asked me if I wanted anything. I wanted to tell him to bring me one of everything but I wasn't greedy, so I told him I didn't need anything. I really don't need anything because through the beauty that is Ebates I can get cash back and free shipping by ordering online so I just get whatever I need from the online store. I love L'Occitane though. Wasn't it sweet of him to ask if I wanted something? He spoils me rotten. Plus he makes beautiful babies and keeps me fed. I might deserve a little treat for keeping his damn wiener dog for him while he's been gone. She's the cutest dog in the world but she is extremely spoiled. She sits in front of his recliner crying for someone to sit down and cuddle her. She's high maintenance, just like everyone else in this house.

Speaking of dogs and this house, our dogs live in Fidel's office, which is right by the front door off the foyer. It smells so freaking bad. I've washed dogs, bedding, shampooed carpet and it still stinks to Hell. I bought this bag of rocks at Home Depot this morning and threw them in the office, and it already smells way better. These rocks are in a net bag and work for like 6-8 months, then you put them in the sun for 6 hours to "refresh" and they work for another 6-8 months, and then you refresh them in the sun again. They don't smell like anything and you can just hide the bag under some furniture. I'm loving these rocks. I was in the cleaning aisle faced with a wall of products that directed me to vacuum, or blot, or repeat application and so on and when I read unwrap and throw under furniture I was sold. Those are my kind of instructions. Unwrap, walk away and say goodbye to the funk.

4 comments:

just a kat said...

Thanks!!! I so needed a solution and you were there with a quick, fast and cheap one for me...right on!!! I've tried scrubbing and shampooing so I'll give this a whirl. Thanks for the tip.
Have a great weekend!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I will be dashing over to HD when the twins get up from naps. Their bedroom smells like sh!t every morning b/c they are nocturnal dumpers. I don't even keep the diaper pail in there and it still stinks to high heaven!

Jennifer said...

Let me know how those magical rocks worked for you!

Stacy said...

I need to try these out where the cat liter is!