Tuesday, April 22, 2008

911 Or Weight Watchers

I'm going on our annual mommy detox cruise in nine days so being the planner that I am (not) I tried on my formal wear to see what I wanted to wear for formal night. The first outfit that came to mind was a pretty black beaded top and black pants. I got the pants on over the rump but they were nowhere near zipped. Not even within 4 inches. I did the maternity tuck-under (you know you did this too) and my very unpregnant belly was there for the world to see. Not good. I grabbed the top to put it on, and I got my arms through the back opening and got stuck in the shirt. That's right, I was stuck in a shirt with my arms straight up over my head. I was home all alone and started to panic. I didn't know whether to call 911 or Weight Watchers. During my decision process I started to sweat like a bull and the shirt slid right on up my arms. It was kind of like Free Willy getting cut from a fishing net.

I ran downstairs and ordered a new dress since nothing I had fit me and I pray that it gets here in time. I'll head out to Dillard's in the morning to find backup number two. And some shoes. And a mega girdle and some Spanx.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL Try doing this at Christal's house, while she's throwing things out of her closet at you! That was me today and once you see us, you know I'm not getting in her clothes.