Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sorry, Master Kwon

Moggie and Tootie were invited to Neighbor Kid's birthday party this afternoon at the local karate place. Tootie refused to go until I reminded her of the fact that she and her little girl friend down the street had made a pact to meet each other there.

We got dressed and made our mad sprint down to the Wal-Mart to get the present fifteen minutes before the party began. I threw a little bag of peanut M&Ms at the girls in the car since I forgot to feed them lunch and off we went to the karate studio.

When we arrived, a karate chick asked Moggie what her name was and she wrote it in Japanese. Moggie looked at her and said, "Excuse me, that is not my name. You spell my name M-O-G-G-I-E. Try again, please". I just have to add here that my children's actual names are not Moggie and Tootie. Those are their nicknames. I'm demented but not demented enough to actually name them Moggie and Tootie.

Tootie refused to participate in the karate deal so she sat on my feet during the party. Moggie was all up in the mix with the karate stuff but she has to do her own thing. They did a little crouching move and Moggie did a plie and said, "I'm a ballet girl, so I'm doing a plie. And here is first position, second position, here's a condou, I do a wonderful condou". Poor Master Kwon had to have a power struggle with a four-year old ballet girl.

No comments: