Wednesday, April 23, 2008

If I Procrastinate It May Go Away

This morning, I have to girdle and Spanx myself within an inch of my life and head over to Nordstrom to try on some dresses. I ordered a dress over the phone with Spiegel instead of ordering it online (because of some mega discount codes I found on www.retailmenot.com) so I can't obsessively track it's progress through all-too-familiar UPS hubs and that makes me fear that it won't be here on time. Plus I have a week in Charleston with my dear Fidel planned for June and I really would rather have a different dress so I can return the one I got at Spiegel if I need to. Which means I'll be in Nordstrom and Dillards this morning trying to find something that I like. And something that I fit into. Pray that those two worlds overlap for me.

Also on the agenda is ordering a birthday cookie cake for my sweet Tootie who turns six tomorrow. She will share that with her classmates at school and then I have to come up with another cake for her bowling party on Sunday. I think I have Publix's number memorized so I'm good there.

If I don't come back, just Google "Woman stuck in dress rescued from dressing room" and you should get a good update on my status.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, happy birthday Tootie! I'm 32 today and my birthday party is planned for Sunday, too.

Mom O Matic said...

I hate trying to find a dress or outfit for an occasion. You find them by the armload when you aren't looking. But when crunch time comes it's all ugly stuff.

I hope you have better luck!

Mom O Matic said...

PS - Remember to baby powder under your spanx!