Friday, April 25, 2008

Nature Girls

I have a horrible habit of nicknaming individuals and types of people. One group in particular is the Nature Girls. I saw a NG at Target yesterday and wanted to kidnap her to do a little un-unibrowing for her. I don't know if the NGs are all taking the same kind of supplements but they all look pale and frumpy and have fuzzy mustaches. The NG at Target got into a minivan with a "Doula" license plate on the front of it. Are these the modern-day hippies? Who are their role models? Do they listen to that flutey music playing in Cost Plus/World Market? I bet they do listen to that crap.

*ETA - I have to say that I was wearing the makeup remnants from the day before and had a bad case of bed head. I was wearing clothes that I had worn the day before as well. I bet NG was calling me the Day-Old girl while I was calling her Nature Girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She probably had hairy pits too.

And was naked while giving birth..... in water...... with her kids in the tub with her........ with some sort of nut soy bread rising in the kitchen.

Just saying is all.

Queen In My House of Blue said...

LMAO!!!

Anonymous said...

plumtickled probably has it right! I have been watching those birth shows and most doulas freak me out!

PS. Run a brush through your hair next time and wash your face. Old clothes are OK though ;) :-*

Mom O Matic said...

They were likely going back to the community center to rub olive oil on their pregnant customer's taints.

(Sorry - just saw Baby Mama so I had to bastardize their script.)

Kalyn said...

My fried once said that if she has bad hair- she HAS to wear makeup- but if she has on old clothes, either hair or her make up MUST be done. One out of the three. :)

Oh- and I bet those nature girls wore those rope flip flops, and used those salt rocks as deoderant.
snicker snicker...