Thursday, April 3, 2008

Foot Shufflers

We entertain a good bit in our house, and I have noticed that some people have a strange habit of shuffling their feet on the floor if they are sitting down. The CFO from Fidel's company was over here in February and the next day, I noticed balls of wool on the rug near the chair he was sitting in. Our old neighbor always left balls on the carpet underneath our dining table. Why do people do this? Surely they see the damage they do to the carpets in their own home! Perhaps it's just that they are nervous in social situations and their foot shuffling is their little "tick" to cope. I wish they would pick a more appropriate tick, like drinking.

3 comments:

so tired said...

I have this friend that when he goes to sit on my couch or chair he backs his ass up all the way to the point that when he actually sits down he partly winds up sitting on the back cushion squashing it and misshaping it. He is a good enough friend though that I can say "get your ass of my cushion you are smashing it!"

Next time your husband's CFO comes over get some of that plastic floor covering and put it down in front of his chair and put a name plate at his chair.

Or you could be like my crazy friends that used to make us all take our shoes off every time we walked in their house.

Mom O Matic said...

So tired - that drives me nuts. I hate it when people TOSS MY PILLOWS ONTO THE FLOOR. Um, hello? My ass is huge and that sofa can accomodate me with the pillows on it.

Mom O Matic said...

Mama - I think you need to shuffle and then shock those motherf'ers.