Monday, April 7, 2008

Shoe Love



MIL and I went out shopping this afternoon. I have been wanting to hit the Lands End store inside Sears so we had to drive down to the mall with Sears to shop. I ended up finding a great swimsuit (chubby girls- try the Lands End faille collection). I'll be going back down there next week for a cute giraffe-print lawn shirt that isn't available online.

Anyway, our second stop was a shoe store for comfortable shoes (think Birkenstocks, Dansko, Ecco), where we spent over two and a half hours. For real. We were in there for so long that I had to walk down a few doors to make a smoothie run to give us some energy. This is not a warehouse store measured in acres, it's a small boutique shop with a sales floor the size of the average 2-car garage. My Double Up program with the happy pills is working because I had the patience of a saint. I spent money like the devil, though. I found two pairs of Uggs that I couldn't live without.

6 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

I swear by Lands End faille - I won't buy anything else!

Anonymous said...

Do the Lands End faille hold up big boobs? Nobody else's does!

I love, love, love the shoes on the top..... can I have your hand me downs? I live in Georgia too...... I'm not too proud to yard sale!

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to try this new suit out, Lotta.

Judi, I have big boobs and I got the regular suit. They do make a D-DD style with an underwire (I think). I got the halter style and that normally does it for me.

About those shoes, they are so cute on and I have a hard time with the whole espadrille/wedge thing because I'm only 5'3". I would be happy to give you my hand me downs but I am a hoarder and I keep my stuff forever or until Fidel sneaks it into the Curb-y on garbage day.

Anonymous said...

I have those espadrille Uggs!! I LOVE THEM! They are so comfie.

I found them on Zappos and they haunted my dreams that night and had to go back and buy them the nexy morning. I'm glad I did b/c I wear them alot!!

so tired said...

I'm all about the Land's End faille swimsuits. I'm up to three of them now.

I love being in two pieces. In a one piece I always felt like my big knockers were being smashed and pulled down. And the whole bathroom routine is much more manageable with two pieces.

I have the u-neck halter tops. I love that I never have to mess with straps falling down.

After all that praise I have to say when you buy two pieces I think they are a little pricey.

Anonymous said...

I live in hot ass south florida, where is is at least 90 degrees year round. HOWEVER.. I cannot stop buying Ugg boots. It is like an addiction!!! Kudos to you!!! I must start checing into the slip on's. they are absolutely adorable. Just another excuse to go shopping!!!!!