Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tax Day

In a stroke of sheer genius, Fidel's business partners decided that today would be a good day to begin a 3-day executive conference at a Ritz-Carlton resort about an hour and a half from town. Guess who ended up having to sit in the post office line for 45 minutes to mail the tax returns that the CPA hired by the geniuses who are currently enjoying the Ritz just got to us at 7 pm yesterday? I'll give you a hint: She does not have a penis, a job or any reason whatsoever to stand in a post office line for anything. Give up? It was me. With my devil child, Moggie. For 45 minutes in a crowded, dinky post office. Doesn't that sound like orientation day in Hell?

For some strange reason (maybe she has rabies) Moggie was on her very best behavior. She didn't run around, didn't cry, didn't steal any wallets. I showered her with bountiful praise and took her for a nice lunch. We split a little chocolate cake for dessert and she told me that it was the best day ever. It was a pretty good day. She's turning into a little lady at 4 years old and she can be a ton of fun. Hopefully I'll be reminded of good days like today the next time I'm pulling my hair out because of her.

3 comments:

AFRo said...

Isn't that funny how kids know just when to behave like a mini adult? Thank goodness today was your/her day. I e-filed the AFRo's taxes at 4:39 p.m. today. Just under the wire...

Anonymous said...

I went to get my mail on the 14th and the line was huge. I steered clear yesterday!

Glad Moggie was a good girl and you had fun together!! They always know when to behave :)

Mom O Matic said...

How I dread going to the post office with the children.