Thursday, April 10, 2008

Can You Divorce Your Children?


This morning, I got Grandma loaded up and we took the girls to a park to play. We went to our favorite pizza place for lunch, then wandered around this cute little gift store until the girls got antsy. Grandma was still browsing (she is slow as Christmas) so I walked the girls a few doors down to a little bakery. Tootie and I were at the counter ordering a little cake for her (single serving size) and the other lady working at the bakery gasped and said, "Sweetie, don't touch that!!", but it was too late. Moggie had already poked her finger in to the side of the big ass wedding cake that they had sitting out in the middle of the bakery. I made my apologies and the lady said that she could fix it and I got the hell out of there.

I just don't understand what I can do to make that child keep her hands to herself. She is constantly messing with shit that doesn't belong to her. Fidel spent the weekend priming and painting walls in our house because Moggie decided to put hand soap all over her hands and make handprints all over the walls. She started writing her name on a wall as well. I really can't deal with the destruction. I asked Fidel if we could send her to an orphanage for a year so that she could realize how good of a life she has but he assured me that she would be worse when she got home, instead of better. Once that option was off the table I started wondering how I could get myself committed for a year or even a few months, but you really have to jump through some major hoops to get a nice vacation in a padded room. I suppose I should applaud the progress of treating mental issues but I need a good "nervous breakdown" deal like there used to be, where you had a meltdown, took Valium for a month and everyone left you alone to deal with your shit. The good old days.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Please, please let me know if you find a way to divorce your child. Beefcake and I really need a divorce. There is not much more of him I can handle.

so tired said...

I say you cut one of her fingers off. Let her choose which one goes first. I think that should do it.

Katie said...

Sounds like she and Ethan could do a ton of damage together! He HAS TO touch fricken EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!