Thursday, April 3, 2008

All Clear


Well, mostly all clear. I have a dilated duct that needs further exploration (appointment on Monday) but overall, looks like I'm ok.

When I was ordered to have a mammogram, the first thing I googled was, "Do mammograms hurt?" and I couldn't find a definitive answer. I know pain is unique to each person but I will tell you, mammograms do hurt. Luckily it's only for a moment. And since your boob is stuck in a vice grip while you are contorted around the machine like a monkey, and you have to hold your breath (which is good since you stink to high heaven due to the no-deodorant rule), the claustrophobia/entrapment sensation overrides the actual pain.

I just know that if men had to endure a test where their nuts are mashed flat in a vice, there would be a better test widely available and covered by insurance. Insurance companies cater to men anyway. How ridiculous is it that a man can get a prescription for a pill to make his pecker hard for just a co-pay and women have to pay for birth control out of pocket? Last time I checked, giving birth costs a lot of money. Hard peckers are a direct cause of pregnancy. I've been pregnant twice and both times, there was a hard pecker involved.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray, and phew! And ow.

Mom O Matic said...

Thank goodness. Oh if men had to get their peckers squished it would be an in patient, fully sedated procedure.

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah yeah!!!

AFRo said...

I'm so glad you got good news. (Better than I believe you were expecting...)

Crack me up with your reference to peckers. I giggled everytime I read it. LOL.

Careful on the usage of the monkey term... don't you remember my post earlier this week?

Anonymous said...

Yea! I read daily, but haven't ever commented. I am so happy that everything's OK!

Mom of 5 said...

I'm glad everything is okay! I'm a frequent reader/infrequent commenter.

You cracked me up today. OH, how right you are!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you. I think the situation calls for some relaxing and refreshing drinks to celebrate. I will have one in your honor tonight :)

Mel said...

Oh my God, I laughed so hard at this post I almost peed my pants.