Monday, March 3, 2008

Baby Shower in Review

The baby shower is over, hurray! I'm always happier when I have a clear calendar and it seems like I've had something going on since before Christmas. I need my lazy weekends.

Anyway, the shower was a success to everyone except for Momzilla. She didn't like the cake my co-hostess made especially for her and neither of us felt very appreciated. We dug in and popped a bottle of wine before the shower got started and made dumb faces at each other every time we got bossed around or insulted. This whole debacle was actually good for me because I have no reason to let myself be taken advantage of anymore. It's obvious that I'm just a friend of convenience so I will have no problem declining babysitting requests in the future.

Anyway, back to the fabulous party.


Here are the party favors. It's a box with a package of microwave popcorn and the text says:


Momzilla's ready to POP!

Here's a treat
Give it a whirl

I'm ready to pop
With my baby girl


Thank you for sharing this special day with us!



Here is the dining room set up.
We did hors d'oerves so it wasn't a
sit-down meal. And my walls are a
deep red, doesn't show up correctly in pictures.




Finally, we had some munchies on the table
in my breakfast area. The bar setup was to
the right of the table in the picture below. The adorable cake was made by my co-hostess and Momzilla hated it and told my co-hostess so. Of course everyone else liked it. This is the cake we
wanted to write "Ungrateful Whore" on.











As I said above, everyone except for Momzilla approved and thought that we did a good job. This was one of the least-stressful events that I've had at this house so I guess I'm getting better at it.



11 comments:

AFRo said...

My goodness. What was this chick's problem? She was just in it to get some presents right? You need to elaborate a bit more on what was going on there.

The set up is gorgeous! I LOVE that cake and are those chocolate dipped strawberries poking out of the pink stuff?

Job well done even if mommy was a bit of a *cough* witch.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I think it looks great!!!! I love the cake, very cool.
Did you work out today???? I played some tennis with girls that were WAY better than me, and managed to hurt my shoulder. Great! I have to play again on Wed. Shoulder injuries don't affect running do they????

Jennifer said...

Ouch, Emily! Have fun running! Yes, I did work out today. I did the 20-minute workout and followed that with the 40-minute sculpting weight session. I can already tell that I'm getting stronger and building endurance.

Ashley- gurlll, it's too much to go into. Hopefully it's just hormones!

Hair Girl said...

I "helped" with a shower in which the Mom had an invite list of over 60 people. I cooked for a week and about 20 showed. Her shallowness was well known! people even went in on presents rather than going big. She even had planned on her husband having to come load gifts because "there was no way they were all going to fit in her SUV!" This was her first child after years of trying but come on-who really needs 6 SHOWERS!

I hate them...now.

so tired said...

The cake looks f'n great. And because I am a piggy, in the last picture what is in the bowl with the wheat thins? And in the middle picture what is between the salsa and the chafing dish?

My family and my in-laws are really into appetizers. So I am always looking for new recipes because if I make a good one they all ask for the recipe and then make it 20 times and ruin it. I can never make it again because they are then tired of it.

Who is Momzilla to you? Why did you get stuck hosting something for someone so nasty? I am really hoping it is just hormones and that she was not this way before the pregnancy.

K said...

If that had been my baby shower, I'd have been bawling my eyes out at how purty everything was! And at how thoughtful my friends were for hosting such a lovely event.

That momzilla is a real piece of work.

Jennifer said...

so tired- those are Zaxby's chicken fingers! I was lazy and didn't cook so unfortunately there's no interesting recipe.

The bowl with Wheat Thins had those ritz chip things in there, too. I forgot to get crackers and sent the mom by the grocery store on the way here and that's what she grabbed.

Momzilla is actually one of my closest friends. She's spoiled rotten (only child, parents are very indulgent) and something about the end of the pregnancy is making that really show, I guess.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Looks amazing. Since I live in GA, I'm going to get PG, just so you'll have a shower for me, K?

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Looks amazing. Since I live in GA, I'm going to get PG, just so you'll have a shower for me, K?

hicktowndiva said...

That cake is beautiful--bummer she was so hateful about it!

Anonymous said...

The shower looks great.

I always cheat and buy rotisserie chicken salad from mine for croissant sandwiches. Everyone loves "my special chicken salad" that is made for parties. :)