Monday, March 31, 2008

Up and At 'Em Monday

Last week, my brand new laptop pooped out on me. Luckily, Fidel was a computer geek in a former life so he fixed it up for me yesterday. I was using the girls' computer and that wasn't working out well for anyone.

Today begins the countdown for a two-week mother in law visit. She is flying in on Thursday so I need to get off my ass and MIL-proof the house. Good thing I'm a packrat and keep all sorts of shit when it's no longer needed, because although my children have passed the cabinet lock stage, my MIL just entered it. She has tons of health issues and is so medicated that I call her Judy Garland. Judy got up one night recently and poured herself a bowl full of unshelled walnuts, covered them in milk and took a bite. Another morning, she woke up to find her front porch was covered in dog food, because she had gone out and scattered it in the middle of the night in her Ambien fog. I will be locking up the pantry at night, as well as setting the alarm so that we will know if Judy gets out of the house and starts wandering the neighborhood.

I'm off to do the preschool drop off, then home to work out and dig through the crap in the basement for cabinet locks.

3 comments:

Hair Girl said...

Yikes! 2 weeks, that's a long visit. Bless your heart you are going to get a "wife of the year" award!

so tired said...

Good luck with that! I looooove my MIL but I don't think I'd want a two week visit with her........

AFRo said...

I'm so sorry. I hope it will all go smoothly. Sounds like you're smart planning ahead and all...