Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oh The Stench


I grow my own mint for cocktails (and lemonade and iced tea) and I bought this little Herb Bible so that I can take proper care of my mint to ensure happy times this summer. It's just coming back to life after wintering outside and I read that you are supposed to fertilize with something called Fish Emulsion and not regular fertilizer because the fish emulsion doesn't dilute the flavor of herbs. What fish emulsion does, however, is stink to high hell. I think it is literally ground up fish carcasses. It's shit brown liquid that smells like 4-day old roadkill on a hot summer day. There are construction workers next door facing a home with stacked stone and I was out gagging and spitting in the driveway after opening the putrid shit. I bet you will find more appealing crap oozing out of a septic tank.

I believe that Fidel will be giving my herbs their nutrients this summer because I can't stomach that shit. And of course I have a huge jug of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sacrifices must be made for the perfect cocktail!

That will be a smell you will never be able to forget! Like me and diarrhea from a child that has rotavirus! Ewwwwww! Makes me want to gag thinking about it!

AFRo said...

Ick. Ick. Double Ick.

so tired said...

This story totally reminds me of when my husband decided to put some liquid fence around the perimeter of our yard to keep the rabbits from eating all of our landscaping.

My husband is kind of a pretty boy and that shit stunk pretty bad. He was gagging so bad, he was pretty much choking himself with tears in his eyes.

Oh, good times, good times.....