Friday, March 28, 2008

It's Gonna be a LONG Weekend

We had a truckload of mulch delivered this afternoon so we get to work in the yard all weekend, or at the very least all day tomorrow. In preparation for the new mulch, I have been outside with a shovel trying to dig up 2 enormous lambs ears plants to split up and replant. Between the neighbor kid, his mom, and Moggie it's been a freaking uphill battle to get anything done. I was successful at getting Moggie to go play elsewhere. Unfortunately that elsewhere turned out to be the basement, and she got my exercise ball, brought it into the back yard and proceeded to roll it down the hill, over into the impassible area of ravine. She's screaming bloody murder (and she is LOUD. Trust that.) in the front yard, Tootie is at the top of the ravine squealing about spiders (and I'm terrified of those), Weiner Dog and I are scaling slippery rocks and I'm holding onto huge rhododendron branches and trying to grasp a huge ass exercise ball with my feet. I guess the Good Lord was watching out for me today because not only did that rhododendron branch hold my fat ass, but I was able to get that ball up and out of the ravine. I was right next to a hole that could only have been made by a snake so I made the ball retrieval pretty fast.

My afternoon of productivity was shot to shit. I think it's about beer-thirty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love beer thirty! hilarious. great story. i have been moving from one side of town to the other all week. found out today, tennis out for me! Can you say just smother me now! I am not saying it is my reason for living, but it is my therapy and everyone in this house knows it! My husband suggested training for a marathon. I think he is smoking crack myself! He was the one "amazed" at how much I was able to move this week, BY MYSELF!!!!! Enjoy your mulch!

after the last load, i am having a couple of beer thirty's!

so tired said...

Yeah..... I think that ball would have been waiting for Daddy to get home.....