Monday, March 17, 2008

Leprechaun Debauchery

Tootie came home from school today running for the bathroom. She whizzed past me screaming "A leprechaun put green pee in the toilet at school today and I couldn't potty all dayyyyyy why didn't that nasty leprechaun flush doesn't he know that is nasty and the cats will drink his pee if he doesn't flush mama can I have a coke??" That was all in one breath. I meant to do some leprechaun tricks for them last night but I have other things going on and I just completely forgot. I did make the green Kool-aid for her class (she asked me to never make it again because she didn't like it) and I dressed her in green but that was about it for me. I can't drink because of the meds I'm on for the next 10 days and I don't feel like doing much that involves my ass leaving the couch. I have figured out that I can get my workout in before I take my first morning pill and that's a lot better than working out after I take the pill because the medicine wipes me out completely. I had to leave yesterday's neighborhood Egg Hunt because I felt like I was about to collapse.

Momzilla (who I have been too hard on) called me today and told me that her father has prostate cancer and that it's "all hush-hush" and I started laughing because I'm keeping my boob issue all hush-hush, too. Why do we do that? It's not like we have something embarrassing like herpes or hemorrhoids. I'm not even sure that I have the big C but my culture came back negative for bacteria and the rest of my bloodwork was fine. My cholesterol is 195, hormones/thyroid/etc all within normal ranges. My doctor's office has called me three times today to schedule appointments and follow ups and they were so nice and caring on the phone, which makes me suspicious. I just wish I could have the mammogram and surgery appointment this week so that I can either face the music or celebrate being cancer-free with some vodka-based goodness. Instead I'm playing the waiting game and keeping all this shit to myself.

I'm still working out and getting rid of my blubber-gut. I can handle having a big ass but this gut I'm rocking is scandalous.

3 comments:

so tired said...

I totally understand the "hush-hush" deal. I just never feel like having a big involved conversation with everybody and their brother before I really know what is going on. So I'd rather keep it to myself until I know everything. Even then sometimes I'd rather not share.

Queen In My House of Blue said...

I will have a nice drink in honor of your cancer free report...
Waiting to find out after I had Liam was awful when they were convinced I had pre cancer or cancer on my cervix...

Mom O Matic said...

What stress! I think you need the vodka now. Celebrate ahead of time!

And psychic Lotta says, "It's nothing. It's fine."