Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Useless Day

Man, it's been a useless day. I had my doctor's appointment to get checked out this morning at 10. The nurse asked me why I was there and I told her, "Well, I have a list. I'm like a car that's been driven to death and now it's time for a tune-up". Thankfully she's a mother herself and she nodded like she knew exactly what I meant. I did have quite a list going. Gout, check thyroid, why am I so fat, do I have osteoporosis, I need more crazy pills, are my hormones out of whack, I need something more than Claritin or Zyrtec for my allergies and finally, why do I snore so fucking much? As I rattled off my list the doctor said, "And memory loss?" and I nodded quick and said, "Oh yes". Then I realized that I hadn't mentioned memory loss and I wondered if I was repeating myself but she must have seen my wheels turning and she said "I figured, by the list". She diagnosed me with CRS right then and there, and she even said it. She said, "Yeah, you have Can't Remember Shit". She went to writing prescriptions but before we made plans to go grab a martini I remembered that I had some breast fluid thing going on so I had to whip out the boobs. She did a culture of the fluid and produced an order for a mammogram and ultrasound in the blink of an eye. She said a few words you don't say unless you really want to scare the shit out of someone but I'm just chilling out for now. My boob-mashing session is scheduled for April 2 and the culture should be back before then.

There is good news in all of this. My nose is whacked out and she said that Nasonex may work for me but if not I might be getting a free nose job, something about a deviated septum. That would be pretty cool. I don't have the courage to willingly have a nose job but if we are in a sensuous situation I'd be game. You know, sensuous (since you was, redneck style) already in there, go ahead and make it pretty. Fidel and I write sensuous notes to each other all the time.

I guess underneath all of this Zoloft I did get freaked out. I thought I was fine but I went to Target and couldn't find my car when I came out. It took me about 10 minutes before I started crying. I didn't even have my cell phone in my purse to call anyone to talk me down. I finally found my Jeep and I have no recollection at all of parking it in the particular spot I found it in. There was an empty parking spot right next to it and wouldn't you know that right before I got into the safety of my car, a girl I know pulls up right beside me as I'm blubbering and feeling sorry for my own dumb ass for not being able to find my flippin' car. I really don't want to talk about my boob issue with IRL people. Even if it's the big C I just don't think I'll feel like talking about it. I bet she thinks I'm divorcing or losing my marbles or something. Who cries over not finding their parking spot?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i lose my car all the time. always try to park in the same spot... it helps!
Keep working out, that is going to help with anything that you have going on! YOu have already seen that this week! Take a deeeeeeeeep breath!

Jennifer said...

Emily, are you a workout freak? I've never understood workout freaks until now. I am really liking it! I guess you just have to find something that interests you.

I haven't worked out today, will be doing that after dinner. I was just in a complete fog earlier. I even got out of Target without spending $100.

Anonymous said...

I have cryed about losing my car before.. even before Dylan :P

AND.. I had the boob scare and the scar to show for it. Nothing was wrong. Let me know if you want to talk about it!

BTW, Target ALWAYS gets $100 out of me.

Stacy said...

I've lost my car before too! Don't feel bad about crying over it since you were focusing on your scare. Before I had that P U/S I was freaking nonstop.

AFRo said...

These posts are why I LOVE reading your blog. It allows me to think that I'm not alone with crazy. I'm laughing at you by the way... I'm sorry, but I can relate wholeheartedly to your situation.

My solution: I always park in the center isle even if I have to walk for miles. Whatever. At least I always know where I'm parked now... or at least the general vicinity of our vehicle.

Jennifer said...

Oh sweetie, there is so much crazy here. You should see all the crazy when my entire family is in the same house, it's nuts. I think poor Fidel is scared to be under the same roof as me and my crazy relatives, like it's contagious or something.

Anonymous said...

Crazy isn't contagious?? That is news to me. I always get a bit off when I am around my husband's crazy family.

Mom O Matic said...

I and a few friends of mine have been members of the leaky titty committee before. It was a hormone thing that resolved itself.

The nurse is just freaking you out. It's like when veteran moms find a newly pregnant mom and feel compelled to tell them how their cooters will be ripped in two at birth. She's just seen the worst and feels she must share it with you.

But the worst is NOT going to happen.

Anonymous said...

sorry for the slow return... yes, I am a bit of a workout freak! Get really antsy if I don't get a good run in (4 miles is a short run for me) so, this morning, I ran, then had a tennis lesson for an hour, we accidentally went over 15 mins, but it was too pretty outside!

I hope you got your workout in last night! What about this morning????

Jennifer said...

Emily, I ended up not working out last night. I did an hour of cardio/strength this morning and I'm still in my sweaty workout clothes to hit another session this afternoon for missing yesterday! I'm planning cardio/abs this afternoon.

It is beautiful outside here today, too. I wish I liked running because I'd love to work out outdoors. If no one could see my jelly ass jiggling down the street. They'd be like "gimme some fries with that shake, shake booty". I'm feeling kind of stupid here lately, if you can't tell!

Jennifer said...

Lotta, you said Cooter, ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I always park my car on the same level in my parking deck at work because I would end up crying over my lost car too.

I live in the MOG area too... maybe that is what makes us cry.

Love your blog!

Jennifer said...

Jennifer- I do cry at Christmastime around here!