Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Old Man in the Hiz-ouse

Fidel had dental surgery this morning and while I'm not laughing at his pain and suffering, he has been really funny today. We dropped Moggie off at preschool, he popped his happy pills from the oral surgeon, then went to Starbucks to chill out for an hour until time for his appointment. He got a 4-shot espresso and a pumpkin thing, and I got a regular coffee with splenda. We sat in the little conversation area and he was eating his pastry, and the next thing I knew I felt something hitting my feet and he was chewing and just had crumbs and hunks of pastry falling out of his mouth, and he didn't even know it. I started laughing at him and then he started laughing and blew spit all over me. I was able to get him in the Jeep and drive him up to his surgeon's office and he had a bad case of the giggles. Everything was motherf-er this, blah blah blah. I left and went shopping while he was being tortured (they even blindfolded him) and the nurse called my cell phone when he was done so that I could pick him up and take him home. He alternated between trying to convice me to have sex with him and asking me to go out for sushi. I agreed to the sushi, didn't agree to the sex.

He's propped up in his recliner now with his laptop and his wiener dog in his lap, and he will doze off and then pop up to type on his computer. It's the funniest thing.

4 comments:

K said...

*snort* I'd have laughed at Murphy just as much! heeheehee

Anonymous said...

Husband had oral surgery a few years ago and was hysterical, as well, post surgery. He kept trying to water the lawn and go to the garage to look for a sprinkler (we have a system). Then, he got out of bed, came to the kitchen, pointed at me and winked and said, "Percoset is Grr-RATE!".

so tired said...

Just lie to him and tell him the sex was great.

Anonymous said...

LMOA that we was spitting food at you BEFORE surgery!! Damn!

While on his happy pills, Brian wanted Chevy's chips and salsa and was going to walk there.. only about 40 miles away !!