Monday, March 24, 2008

Is That You, Mother?

This afternoon I got a call from a drunk slurring woman with a strong Southern accent. No it wasn't my mother, it was Momzilla's. She wants me to help her do something while she is down here taking care of Momzilla and the new baby. I'm just calling Momzilla Momzilla at this point because I don't want to use her real name and she would laugh if I called anyone else Momzilla so hopefully if she ever finds this blog she will think it's funny.

Either way, speaking to her mom reminds me that my own mother has been pretty sedate here lately. She's been really good, actually. She's asked me to bring the girls over for a weekend so Fidel and I can get away. I think she's convinced that I have breast cancer. I ended up telling her (and only her) about my boob issue because I wanted to know if there was a history of breast cancer in her side of the family and I had to spill why I was asking. The wait for the mammogram is killing me. I intentionally scheduled it far out because I have to do it on a Wednesday and I didn't want to miss Moggie's Easter party at school last week and I didn't want know this week, either. I figured ignorance is bliss but I've had enough time to come to grips with the fact that something is going on since my hormone levels and boob culture came back normal. Now I'm just ready to find out what's going on!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

just curious... are you still working out????
i ran this morning, haven't in what feels like forever. managed 3.35 miles...
MRI on shoulder yesterday, HOLY COW, I didn't know it was going to hurt so badly, wouldn't have done it had i had that info....
hope you are still sweating!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Yep, still Sweating to the Oldies!! Or more accurately, Turbo Jam. I'm actually in the middle of a workout now but had to stop due to workers ringing the doorbell to do some home repairs. I'm doing at least an hour a day and I've bumped me weights up another step. I am not really losing any weight but I'm toning up like crazy. My booty is rocking and arms and legs are getting there.

A MRI hurts?? Hope you are better now! And thanks for checking on me. :)

Jennifer said...

Just realized I lapsed into leprechaun-speak but it's funny so I'll leave it up there. I have sweat in my eyes.

so tired said...

Love the opening.. "Is that you, Mother?" Very funny!

And I enjoyed the "leprechaun-speak"! Who knew you were Irish?

Anonymous said...

I missed the leprechaun-speak...
yes, this MRI hurt like crazy.. still hurting today. (it could be the 2.5 hours of tennis I played yesterday) but I am blaming it on the MRI. They had to manipulate my shoulder to get a good view I guess. so glad you are still working out! the weight will come off and you will be surprised one day!

Mom O Matic said...

Thank goodness you and your boobs are ok. What a huge scare!!