Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Suffered in Vain

You guys are familiar with me bitching about the gout. It hurts like a mofo and it's not a pain you can drink away because it's a wicked, sneaky kind of pain that is made worse by alcohol. It's a devil of an affliction to have. I have had issues with this shit for months. We have had an analgesic prescribed specifically for arthritis and gout in our medicine cabinet, unused, this whole time. Fidel was doing an inventory on his pain meds today since his dental surgery is tomorrow and he found a bottle of crap prescribed to him and he didn't remember what it was for. He Googled it and turns out it was for gout and arthritis. That would have been nice to know a little sooner.

1 comment:

so tired said...

Reminds me of the time I went to Mexico with a large group of girls between high school and college. I contracted a little bout of intestinal distress (didn't hold me back too much). One of the girls I was rooming with (supposedly a "bff") waited until the day before we were leaving to say she had brought some medicine with her that could help me.

Many, many years later I am still wondering why she waited so long to share. She had plenty. It wasn't like she did not have any to spare.

Oh and we aren't friends anymore.