Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In A Pickle

We have neighbors across the cul-de-sac with a kid in kindergarten just like Tootie is, but right there is where anything in common ends. She is a good bit older than I am, the husband is a nutso, she bickers and complains and gossips about who doesn't have any money (tacky) and I really don't want to be anything more than neighbors. Wave, say hello and go on about my business. I do not want Neighbor Kid over here. It may be just that he is a boy but he is so freaking rough with my girls. We were outside as a family on Easter Sunday blowing bubbles and he comes over and starts tackling my girls so that he could pop bubbles. Nevermind that there were enough bubbles spread about for 20 kids, this little fucker just has to be on top of the girls.

I was at the bus stop on Monday and the bus drove by to turn around in a cul-de-sac and I saw Tootie's head pushed against the window and Neighbor Kids arms flailing about. When Tootie got off of the bus, I discovered that NK had been ripping apart a little Peanut Girl art project that Tootie did in school. It's Wednesday and I haven't said anything yet, because I want to be completely sure of my next step. I'm planning to call the principal to set a meeting to discuss some avoidance techniques, like not having them in the same class or same seat on the bus. He has no freaking boundaries and I am over him being a problem to me. I just don't know if it's acceptable behavior for me as an adult to tell his parents that I don't want him over here under any circumstances. I may be the only person in the world annoyed by him but I just cannot get over it.

8 comments:

AFRo said...

I assure you it's not just him "being a boy." I have two boys in kindergarten and they don't behave that way to little girls OR other little boys.

I'm pretty much a laid back mom so I don't fuss too much about this or that where the kids are concerned. But, you have valid issues here and I think that would be an excellent first (and maybe last) step.

so tired said...

Have you said anything directly to the kid??? I have no problem saying something like "Look NK if you want to play over here you can't tackle the girls".... I have a rule that I would not say anything to a kid that I wouldn't say to the parents face.

The kid is probably wanting to play with your kids so bad he'll probably follow any rules you put out.

And if I got him alone, I ask him directly about the bus incident. And put him on the spot with "Would you like it if I ripped up your art project?" Kind of like you just might do it.......

Anonymous said...

It's too bad we can't just smack little farts like that..... or maybe trip them when no one is watching so they can bash their own heads in.

I'm sick of these kids getting away with crap like that....... my oldest is almost 15 and still puts up with little shits like that.... daily. The best part is..... the parents think they're kids are dreams. Ugh.

By the way, my kid is a dream!

Mom O Matic said...

I have a boy - and if tagged a girl I would be on him like white on rice. I think it's more about the parents. But it sounds like you know that. Go get 'em!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone on this one. Tell him your rules. If he doesn't follow them. Stay off the grass dude! Out of the yard, no where near my kids! Usually principals will work with you on these types of matters. Good luck on that! My guys would never, NEVER even look cross eyed at a girl or just another child. They knew, back then, whoa, I was Very strict!

Anonymous said...

Trust your gut. You know he's a little sh&*. hehe.
Is this the same kid you've talked about before or is that the kid that's next door?
Good luck. Don't mess with mama fidel's kids!
L.

Anonymous said...

Is this the little shit I think it is? If so, then talking to him or the parents is a waste of time. I think that talking to the principal is about the only thing that will help.

If you have another nuy job kid in the neighborhood, try talking to the parents, but I think they would laugh you off and you'll be back at the principals office anyway.

Dylan won't even rough house with me b/c I am a girl! They need to teach that kid some manners. GRRRRRR!

Sally said...

What a freaking punk.

How do you not "accidently" trip him when he runs by?

Or you could wuss out like I do with our neighbor terrors. "Sorry we were just going in, bye".

It took almost an entire summer but I don't find their kids in my yard every time I went in to potty.