Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Madness

Do you get the home-improvement itch in the spring? I really get the urge to "feather the nest". I think our big project this year will be to renovate our 2-year old deck. We are going to expand it on two sides. One side will have our hot tub built into it, and the other side will be an outdoor kitchen/bar/eating area. I also must have a porch swing underneath. Fidel built a wonderful swing frame at our old house since we didn't have a deck. We spent hours and hours in that swing and I have been jonesing for somewhere to lounge like that. We do have a lovely screened porch room outside our keeping room but there's just something special about swinging in the open air. He even made me a little beverage shelf on both sides of the frame. I am all about the beverages in the summer.

I also want to decorate the bathroom that the girls share. It's still contractor grade no-real-color paint. I think I will go ahead and do that this week because it won't be a real big job. I'm off to get a bottle of water in me before I go upstairs to clean and work out. The girls have wrecked my workout room (their playroom) so I have to go yell at them to make them clean it up. It would be so much easier to clean it up myself but that wouldn't teach them a thing, would it?

No comments: