Friday, June 27, 2008

Can I Get a What What?

Today was day one of our deck construction. It was supposed to be day 4 if not the end day but given that we were given the runaround by Fidel's chosen contractors before we even signed the contract, I'm not all that shocked.

The construction company owner, Kenfullofshit, sat at my kitchen table and boasted how they did debris removal at the end of each work day, complete with dragging a long magnet thing across the lawn to remove any stray nails. Apparently the guy in charge of paying attention to detail had other plans for today because not only do I have a yard full of lumber remnants, but I have a yard full of lumber remnants, soft drink boxes, empty water bottles and 4-inch nails by the dozen. Additonally, there is no flashing between the house and the deck structure so you can look for us on the news in about 10 years. We will be easy to find, just look for the headlines that scream, "Massive Deck Collapse in North Atlanta Area". Hopefully the word fatality won't be included and you will just see us laying on the ground holding our beers upright and smiling because we managed not to spill.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

God bless ya, sweetie. That last line made me pee my pants.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the hot tub on the deck is not a good idea :P I would call the owner and bitch... or let tootie did it :)

Maddness of Me said...

Based on the picture of your decker guy, I'm not surprised they are such slack asses.