Monday, June 2, 2008

Maybe Some Lipgloss?

This afternoon, Moggie and I spent a few hours in the local hospital's imaging area to get a location on the quarter that she swallowed. It's in her lower intestines, about to enter the colon. Good news, it should pass in a day or so. I'll be picking through turds with a chopstick to find that quarter. I hope it flushes because I just don't want to put that baby back in circulation. I definitely don't want to reach down into the toilet to retrieve it.

While we were waiting on the radiologist to confer with our pediatrician to decide what to do about the quarter, a lady came into the room with us. She was a patient, and she walked with a cane and carried a motorcycle helmet. About that time another little kid and his grandmother came in and the little boy said, "Helmet" and the grandmother looked over and said, "Yes, he has a helmet" and continued to dig around in her purse. The helmet lady said "she" and it was all I could do to not laugh out loud because she did indeed look like a he. It was a little uncomfortable and I was just thanking my lucky stars that my kid wasn't the one calling her a he.

No comments: