Monday, June 16, 2008

Eau de Crazy

Can you smell it from there?

Fidel is in Charleston for the week, on a trip that I was supposed to be on. My plans were trampled by a stampede of issues so I'm here, at home. And the home improvement bug has bitten me, leaving me helpless to resist the fresh scent of latex paint.

My problem child is my dining room. It is painted a deep red and Fidel and my best friend/realtor (MomZ) lobbied me to have the builder repaint it but my happy pills make me very amenable so I decided to give the red room a chance. I've given it two years and it hasn't grown on me yet so it's time for a change. To a camel color.

The last time I got crazy and decided to paint, my kitchen ended up orange as a pumpkin when it should have been a wheatish-yellow color. Let's all hope I escape the horror of paint gone wrong this time.

2 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

Go for it! But use a strong primer over the red!

Jennifer said...

Lotta- I had Kilz primer tinted to match my paint and used that to cover the red. It worked like a charm! The room looks great. I'm about to put it back together and I'll take pictures tomorrow when the sun is up.