Sunday, June 15, 2008

You Are Cordially Invited

Free HIV testing

[Redacted] County Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department and [redacted] will offer free HIV testing from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 28, at [re- oh you know the drill by now], South Carolina Highway [blah], [name of actual town withheld to shield residents from embarrassment on the likely erroneous assumption that any of them have dignity].

There will be free food and music at the event, and prizes will be given to everyone who is tested.


This is an actual news item from the town where I was raised. A very small town with one stoplight. Everyone knows everyone and everything about everyone. You can't fart and escape notice there. So they are throwing a party complete with prizes and food for getting HIV tests.

I'm not making light of needing HIV testing because I've lived there and there's not much to do besides go parking and drink and that does lead to some regrettable sex. I just see disaster on the horizon with the "trick-them-test-them" type parties that will just bring those who know they've been loose with the goods out into the daylight and serve as a sort of Skank Mixer. This will be a whole different take on the Playas and Hos party.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

That is the funniest thing ever!!! Can you imagine actually showing up to that shit?

carolinesc7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carolinesc7 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Caroline, don't bust me out and post the name of the town!

Aiken is fine but you know how the country can get down there!

carolinesc7 said...

oops - not trying to bust on you!! New to posting, and thought you had to "approve" comments, thus thinking mind would not be posted with name of area.....Is there any way to delete!! Anyway, been following and enjoying your blog for quite some time. Don't wanna get the natives restless...:)

Jennifer said...

It's nice to "meet" you! The area isn't that big of a deal but the name doesn't pop up on the internet too much and I don't want my old teachers or nicer relatives to see me cussing up a storm on here.

I don't screen my comments because I'm lazy and I kind of welcome any crazy that comes my way.

Unknown said...

LMAO! That is hilarious!