Thursday, June 5, 2008

Not an Axe Murderer

I found my swing on Craigslist yesterday and I ended up going to the guy's house to pick it up this morning. I am normally extremely dubious of Craigslist folks because something makes me think that they are all axe murders trying to lure unsuspecting housewives to an untimely end in a dark basement somewhere. Thankfully, the guy selling my swing was a school teacher and seemed perfectly normal. So much so that I invited him to my home.

Actually, the swing wouldn't fit in my Jeep and the guy was nice enough to drive it down for me. I knew the yard next door would be full of construction workers ready to free me from the jaws of certain peril if anything fishy happened.

Now that I've escaped being hacked to bits, I have the bigger challenge of getting Fidel to hang my swing for me. I may have to hire an axe murderer from the Labor section of CL.

No comments: