Monday, June 9, 2008

Can You Forget the Heat?

I talked to Daddy last night and he was telling me that it's over 100 degrees there. I asked how my grandparents were taking the heat and that was the wrong question to ask. Apparently my senile grandmother will not stop turning the A/C off and opening up the house. They live in an old Southern house with plenty of cross-ventilation but if it's over 100 degrees cross-ventilation isn't worth shit except for baking both sides of you at once. She's also throwing out dinner as fast as you can get it on the table. She will let food rot in the fridge but anything fresh will get thrown straight into the trash if you don't catch her before she grabs it. Daddy barbecued them a rack of ribs and she threw them right out and he just had to leave before he killed her.

No comments: