Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Come to Mama!

When we sold our last house in October 2006, the buyers wanted us to leave our beloved swing in the backyard. Fidel had built a gorgeous pergola thing for it to hang from and it just belonged in the yard. I was shocked that the buyers wanted it because it looked a little bit beat, or at least the cushion did. The faux wicker, however, was in wonderful shape and the swing just angled perfectly. Sitting in that swing was like coming home to freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Heaven.

While dicking around on Craigslist this morning, I found this and heard the angels sing. I got all kinds of excited and called the guy and by the grace of God no one had bought this wonderful swing yet. Now, she is mine. I'm getting her tomorrow. Since we are currently shopping contractors for redoing our deck I'm not sure when it will be hung up but at least I'll have her in the basement when we are ready.

I knew there was a reason I had procrastinated on buying a new swing for nearly two years and here she is. She is a diamond in the rough.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a great swing!! You can get much cooler stuff secondhand.

Mom O Matic said...

So jealous of your Craig's success. I've been looking for a danish modern coffee table with no luck. There has got to be a granny with that in her basement somewhere!

Jennifer said...

I know that swing doesn't look like a beauty but it's the most comfortable swing, ever. We have regretted leaving ours just like it for nearly two years. My realtor, who is also my best friend, was over today and I just had to show her my new swing. We drank many martinis in the old one.

Good luck, Lotta!