Monday, June 23, 2008

Miss Me?

Sorry I've been slacking in the blogging department here lately. I got the painting itch last week and I ended up painting my dining room while Fidel was out of town. I like to do my stuff when he's out of town because he can't stand there and tell me the 500 things I'm doing wrong (his opinion, there's more than one way to skin a cat). My dining room went from a strange, deep red to a comfortable goldish-tan. I haven't yet heard a "Thank you for busting your ass to paint this room all alone while keeping the children from burning down the house or robbing a bank" but that's the story of my life. Sometimes it pays to be slightly crazy and very forgetful because I just don't have the capacity in my brain to store the need for affirmation.

This week holds more exciting home decorating events because I pick up my new (used a time or two) sewing machine from a friend's house. Then it's off to Frugal Fabrics to get swatches and some clearance fabric so that I can teach myself how to sew. This should be pretty interesting and more than a little scary.

The girls and I are going to Dollywood later this week and we should be coming home to a brand new deck. The contractor was by here yesterday reworking the plans a smidge and he said we should have the contract to review today and he could start tomorrow if all is well with that. We are planning a big 4th of July hootenanny to break in the new deck.

Our new neighbors moved in last week and they are pretty awesome. They have a little girl entering kindergarten this year which is just perfect since I have a first grader and a pre-k myself. They play really well together and they have already asked the girls to come over to their house which is wonderful since I have the other neighbor kid over here all the time and they haven't once been asked over to his house.

That's about it for me. Well not really, I have lots of other crap going on like filing three dogs' nails with a Dremel tool and shaving one that's too shaggy for summer. I'll take pictures if I discover the location of my camera while I'm buzzing around cleaning on my coffee high.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a busy girl! I can't wait to see the new deck. I wish I was coming to your hootenanny. Sounds like fun!

My REAL thoughts... said...

I love fabric and sewing. You should check out Amy Bulter fabric, it's super cute and durable. A little expensive but definitely worth it. She even has some free patterns on line that you can print out.

amybutlerdesign.com

I'm kind of new to sewing and I made the Frenchy shoulder bag and even though it looks complicated, it's not and the pattern was easy to understand. And, my MacBook fits perfectly in it.

Good luck!

Jennifer said...

My girl Judi over at Plum Tickled has a great etsy shop with AB stuff. I'll have to take a peek to see what catches my eye.

Thanks for the tip!