Saturday, June 7, 2008

Waste of Time

I have been working my ass off this week (figuratively, unfortunately) to get shit ready for this morning's yard sale and it was a complete. fucking. BUST. I even woke up before 7 am and wore real clothes and shoes. I could have laid my ass in bed and threw up a few Craigslist ads before noon and accomplished the same thing. I didn't even get to argue with anyone and I live for yard sale arguments. I was gearing up for a good one when this guy was looking like he wanted to bargain me down on an item that I had priced for one dollar. I think he saw the spark in my eyes and figured he'd better give me a damn dollar and beat feet out of my driveway.

I took my camera outside, took pictures and posted the big items on Craigslist and I've already sold a lot of it. I swear, if I ever even consider having another yard sale (oh I will, trust me) I hope someone talks some sense into me.

On the bright side, I did get the girls' playroom cleaned up and organized. And I met the cutest little chihuahua named Tinker Bell. My dog, Buddy, fell in love with her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when that happens!

Godoo on you for selling the otehr stuff though :)

Mom O Matic said...

So glad to read this because I have been thinking about doing one.

Anonymous said...

I hate yardsales and will probably never do another. I made $50 last time.

Maddness of Me said...

I love Craigslist.

I rented my house out that way (that I couldn't sell because of the market).

Now life is good.