Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Don't Speak JW

I was raised to be polite but sometimes my raising just flies out the window. When, you ask? To be specific, Saturday, June 14, 2008 at approximately 10:30 am.

I was outside with Wiener Dog waiting on her to potty. I noticed two older ladies in frumpy clothing walking down the street carrying Bibles and a stack of pamphlets. I got the WD back inside and then I made a sign that said, "No Soliciting, Please! Thank you" and taped it on the front door. Apparently a No Soliciting sign isn't a good deterrent for the JW's because they still rang my doorbell, interrupted me from cleaning my kitchen and got my three dogs worked up into a frenzy. I cracked the glass door to say "No thank you" and the woman all but barged into my foyer. I'm pushing the door back against her so that my dogs don't get out and I got annoyed and said, "NO THANK YOU, please read the sign" and she said "Oh we aren't soliciting". I did one more "No thank you" and pushed the door closed and locked it.

Fidel was laughing at all this and I said, "Well I guess the Grand Poobah will be down to see us regarding this incident" and he said that I should have made my sign to say "No Jesus Freaks". I responded that their argument would be that they are actually Jehovah freaks so that sign didn't apply to them either.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: You cannot let these fuckers down easy. They won't take a polite No Thank You. You pretty much have to either take their pamphlet and listen to the spiel or spray them with the garden hose and scream "Get the fuck off of my porch". It's like a blind date gone bad with these JWs. It's just Multi Level Marketing hiding behind a tax shelter and my ass isn't getting suckered by Amway or the JWs.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

OMG I am lol here. I totally forgot to tell you they came my way a few weeks ago. We tried to wait in our car until they passed us. We carried the kids inside and they started coming over and I started shouting "Do not come over here. We are not interested!!!" and the guy said "Don't you believe in the bible?" and I said "NO I DON'T" just to get them off my back and he got all big eyed and started babbling "God bless you....god bless you then". I almost peed my pants!

Jennifer said...

I would have been like "What I believe is that I only have limited time to do my errands and you are intruding!"

What gets me about the JWs is that their way is the ONLY way. I'm very accepting of differences and it just runs all over me that they think it's ok to violate my personal family time in my own home to push their agenda. With those this morning, they KNEW I saw them, and they knew that big ass orange sign was put on the door because of them and yet they still rang my doorbell and tried to bumrush my foyer.

AFRo said...

ROFLMFAO at you. I wish Mr. Fidel had taken snapshots of you shoving the door closed on them because the visual I got on that was priceless.

Anonymous said...

You must be some weak bitch if you had to stuggle with some old ladies ;)

I had a friend that would let them help with fixing his bike and stuff... if they are younger, they can be quite handy around the yard :D

Jennifer said...

Ha! You get assaulted with a pack of Watchtowers and see how well your ass deals with it!! :P

Anonymous said...

I have a friend that keeps a permanent sign up that reads "no soliciting... for God or Money". That seems to stop the JWs, etc. Maybe you're part of a big ole JW game. The person who gets inside your home gets a vacation to Hawaii and a new Buick.