Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Retrospective Mama - The Last Fifteen Years

I was tagged with this meme by my much cooler long-lost twin, Lotta. I don't know the actual etiquette of this whole meme thing but I'm faking the funk here and hoping I do it right. Anyone who reads MF knows that I screw up an awful lot so don't expect too much from me.

The directions: "Think back on the last 15 years of your life. How would you summarize your life in just 10 bullet points."

I had to pull up Excel to list the years and my age each year because when you have CRS your shit just blends together.

Let's step back to 1994 when life was easy, filled with thumping bass and recreational drugs.

1993 - 19, cute and making great money. I met what I thought was "The One".

1994 - Lived double life as a 20-year old during the day, becoming a 23-year old named "Mary Fink" when it was time to hit the clubs.

1995 - Turned 21 and left "Mary Fink" behind when I could use my own license.

1996 -Turned 22 and joined the Army to get me away from "The One" and party friends/lifestyle.

1997 - Married Fidel after dating for 79 days.

1998 - Moved from Honolulu to Atlanta.

1999 - Bought our first house.

2000 - Went on a few long trips with Fidel, on the back of his motorcycle. Discovered that I was way too prissy to be a biker bitch.

2001 - Impregnated with Tootie.

2002 - Tootie was born. Bought our second house.

2003 - Discovered being bald down there. Shortly thereafter pregnant with Moggie.

2004 - Moggie was born and I became a SAHM and ended up addicted to the internet when I was chained to a chair rocking the world's crankiest baby in a bouncy seat.

2005 - Still dealing with the world's crankiest baby, don't remember much.

2006 - Bought our third house. Took first cruise.

2007 - Tootie started Kindergarten. Mama Fidel was created.


*"The One" was in no way The One for me. It's just funny because I thought I was in love and it turns out after I married my Fidel that it wasn't the case at all.

I'm not sure who to tag, so the first five people who are interested in strolling down memory lane, knock yourselves out!

2 comments:

Mom O Matic said...

I WISH I was your twin. That way I would only be 33 instead of 36!

Did you discover "bald down there" because some sadist oby/gyn made you look in a mirror during birth. Cause that's just wrong.

Jennifer said...

I'm 34, Lotta!

No the baldness was purely recreational. I politely refused the mirror during the birthing process. I've seen that before and I didn't want to see my own vagina turning inside out. Fidel watched the whole thing.

Even worse than watching the birth, they plated up the placenta to present to me. "And HERE is your placenta!"