Thursday, February 28, 2008

OT Thursday

I just finished doing the Turbo Jam 20-minute workout and the 40-minute Turbo Sculpt. I feel really good. I think this is the first time that I have worked out four days in a row, like since Army basic training 12 years ago. I do feel stronger and more coordinated when I'm doing the workouts. I'm still scared of that damned Cardio Party but I hope to conquer that fear the next time I do it, which is tomorrow.

I have a big temptation coming up here Saturday night. I'm hosting a baby shower here and I know the food and booze will be hard to resist. My plan is to fill up on veggies and shrimp and stick to one cocktail or glass of wine. Or three beers...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

skip the beer, way too many calories to work off later...
veggies and shrimp, shrimp, you can eat a ton of on Weight Watchers for practically no points. That sounds like a good plan. Just remember, do you really want to work off all the food you might be tempted to eat???? Don't deny yourself though, that is a big trap... just makes you want it more.

so tired said...

Wha, wha, what? Army basic training? Is that a joke?

If not, you have some stories to tell. And I am waiting.

Jennifer said...

No joke, I successfully completed Army basic training. I did it because my Dad told me that I couldn't. Unfortunately completing basic training wasn't enough for those Army folks and I was stuck for years to come. Luckily I met Fidel so it all worked out in the end.

K said...

No way! I was in basic training for the Army in '96 too! And I met my hubby as well! I was in basic in May-July at Fort Jackson. What was your MOS? You gotta email me!

katrina (at) hftechpros (dot) com

Jennifer said...

Katrina, I graduated from FJ on July 11th, 2006. I was in A 3/13 and went to AIT at Ft. Gordon, 31C. I ended up working in the orderly room at PP and never did a stitch of MOS work!

K said...

Oh. my. gosh. We were there at the same time! Who were your drills? Mine were DS Jelen and DS Moore and whomever was in from the Asheville reserve unit to torture us for 2 weeks.

I went on to DLI in Monterey, got reclassed (Russian is HARD) back to FJ for 71L school. I got an early discharge cuz I couldn't run (stress fractures in shins) but was awarded my MOS because of my OR time.