Wednesday, February 6, 2008

You Don't Say

Today when I picked up Moggie after ballet, her teacher pulled me aside and said, Moggie was unusually grumpy today, which means she was Hell in tap shoes. I felt like saying, Well DUH! Moggie is always grumpy. She could make a convincing argument for pediatric happy pills. Moggie could cure hippies and new-agers of their natural medicine preferences. Give her to a homeopathic mother and within a week that same mother will be sending roses and chocolates to the good folks at Pfizer for keeping her sane with their beautiful chemicals. I was sane before I had kids, they are to blame for my craziness, folks. For you ladies who aren't blessed with children yet, let me be an example to you. Your sanity will go right out the window.

Anyway, I have an appointment for Moggie with her pediatrician tomorrow so we can medicate the evil out of her. Her breath is smelly and my friend CVO said her ear smells infected (ha ha, yes she's a nut, too) so I'll have her checked out so that she can be less grumpy for her birthday this month. I took the lazy mom approach and booked Chuck E. Cheese this year, per Moggie's request. I know it's not the most elegant celebration for a princesses birthday but it will just have to do. It makes the kids happy and keeps them out of my hair and I don't even have to clean my house.

4 comments:

so tired said...

I wish I had a friend that could smell infections. I bet that comes in handy.

Mom O Matic said...

Maggie needs to hook up with son. They can outgrump eachother. And by the way - it's totally (I'm not lying) on my list to got to Wild Oats today and buy some Rescue Remedy to medicate the dog. And some homeo type medication to ungrump son.

Mom O Matic said...

Though I'll end up reading the homeo label wrong and grab the wrong bottle. Creating a son that can help me decorate.

so tired said...

Well now Lotta a son that can decorate would come in handy too.