Monday, February 4, 2008

Tips for Overcoming Your Coaster Aversion

After this weekend's festivities, I'm here to offer my services to those of you with an aversion to coasters. I am sure you are familiar with the concept of coasters, but before you go into someone else's home and grab a cocktail, you need to confront your obvious fear of coasters head on. Any good hostess will provide plenty of coasters and make sure that her bartender has cocktail napkins stuck to the bottom of each drink that leaves the bar. Please enjoy your cocktail while allowing me to enjoy my wood furniture and mantles for years to come. Be kind to the woods, people. I'm a fan of wood with beautiful inlays, not wood with drink rings. Drink rings bring out the devil in me and I may just have to kick you in the ass if I catch you placing a drink directly upon my furniture. What would your momma do to you for putting a naked drink on her nice coffee table? I will thump your ear for you, so consider this your warning.

2 comments:

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Amen.

Mom O Matic said...

And don't improvise a coaster by putting it on top of my vintage book display. I'll get you a damn cork circle if you hold your horses.