Friday, February 22, 2008

Sand Salad

Fidel had a birthday party deal to hit after work this afternoon at an Irish pub, so I pulled their menu and had him bring me a salad that was described as a Chicken Wonton Salad. Apparently wonton is Irish for sand because that shit was inedible it had so much sand in it. I would go so far as to say someone pranked them and sold them a bag of sand labeled "Lettuce". Fidel shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, it is pub food". I guess the moral of this story is this: Do not eat pub food unless you are drunk enough to enjoy it.

In completely unrelated news, I was in JC Penney today because I park in their lot at the mall when I need to go to Gymboree and today, I needed to go to Gymboree. Moggie likes to ride the "stairs" (escalator) so I took her up and down and in the process of that, I over hear a group of three older men having this conversation around a rack of jackets:

Old Man A: I can't find the label
Old Man B: Well that's it, the label should be right there
Old Man C: Yeah that's it, that's the Members Only one
Old Man A: Well where's the label? See right here, there's no label
Old Man B: Well that's the same jacket, I reckon they just don't put the labels on 'em any more

That's all I heard but I was laughing at all that commotion over a JC Penney jacket. I don't think I've laid eyes on a Members Only jacket in the past twenty years.

1 comment:

Mom O Matic said...

Well hell, come to Chicago and I'll show you plenty of them.

Please. I would love to have you live near me. We could go to Ikea together!