Saturday, January 5, 2008

Be Careful, for Chrissakes

Moggie is my boo-boo magnet. She is so reckless and crazy and she's always covered in bruises. I really think she's just one more head injury away from a lifetime of seizures or something. I want her to stop injuring herself but that's like me wanting to be skinny, it's just not going to happen. I think she needs to wear a helmet during her waking hours like the Chicken Pot-Chicken Pot-Chicken Pot Piieeee guy from Just Shoot Me. I know I would be a lot less nervous. This morning, she was running across the hardwood floor and jumped on a pair of slippery butterfly costume wings, trying to surf or something, and ended up busting her gourd for the millionth time. I've gone from freaking out with worry when she hurts herself to just being fucking annoyed because she is without fail doing something that I have begged her to stop doing. She is really hardheaded and stubborn, and when she's eating her meals with a cork-tipped fork she will only have herself to blame.

3 comments:

so tired said...

Like an episode of Jackass. Maybe she has a future on MTV!

Stacy said...

Uggg I know M and K were born at different times but I think they are long lost twins. From birth K has been just like M and I can see his self injuring episodes will continue well into the future. Damn kids!

ErIn said...

Glad mine isn't the only one who looks like he was beaten with a stick!