Thursday, January 17, 2008

Oh Get Real

I just googled for some pantry organization tips and I may as well have asked to babysit someone's kid for the amount of aggravation I got. I found a good page, or what might have been a good page if there wasn't a big fucking random ad covering steps 1-3. I'm not an expert on lists but I'm pretty sure that if you have a list, you should follow it in order or shit will be all jacked up. I can't start on step 4!

The second page I encountered was telling me to cut empty Coke 12-pack boxes to use for organizing small loose things like mixes. Again, I'm no expert but I don't think adding more fucking garbage to my pantry is helping me organize a thing. I don't have to have handwoven sweetgrass baskets for my Jiffy Mix but I'm not putting a damn cut-up Coke box in my pantry, either.

So today I've accomplished getting annoyed out of cleaning. I should have just quit before I started.

2 comments:

AFRo said...

I AM THE expert on lists... as a matter of fact it is the subject of a post I JUST made. So, I'm going to have to just put it to you straight on this... You are totally correct! Lists must be followed in numerical order or you're looking at major F-up 90% of the time.

I like Coke, but not enough to save the boxes. My fruit bowl is already full of codes I've got to make time to enter.

Hope tomorrow is better for you.

SHELLEY said...

go to flylady.net, she'll help you get organized come hell or high water. however, if you sign up for the emails, be prepared to have them fill up your inbox. her advice is good though, i've tried it before and it works.