Friday, January 18, 2008

She Will Sleep in Jeans

I swear, if my youngest child changes clothing one more fucking time I'm going to whack her with something. I get her dressed for school, and the freaking second she gets home she flies upstairs to change into a goddamned nightgown. When it's time to go get Tootie from the bus stop, I have to change her into her clothes again or harass her until she does it herself. I'm so tired of this crap. I'm going to bag up all of her fucking nightgowns and jammies and make her sleep in jeans if she doesn't chill out. It makes for a ton of laundry and a bunch of wasted time. I must spend at least 30 minutes out of every single day dealing with her changing clothes. Have I mentioned that I'm tired of it? Well I am.

Fidel and I have plans to go out for dinner tonight and we were going to this nice little place but I decided I didn't want to dress up because it's cold, so I asked if we could do sushi instead. I'm so burned out on wardrobe changes that I don't even want to change my own clothes. Now I'm considering switching back to the original plans so I can drink my share of a bottle of wine with dinner to dull the pain of my stress headache. And I don't even want plum wine from the sushi place. I want some velvety, rich red wine. And vanilla bean creme brulee. And a child who can stay dressed longer than 4 hours. Does she think she's Hugh Hefner or something?

2 comments:

so tired said...

Oh my God, the same f'ing thing happens at my house every flipping day! On the days #2 goes to school, as soon as we get home she changes clothes into pajamas or a costume. Then I have to give her a half hour heads up that we're going to go get #1 soon so she better put some real clothes on. It's a fight every time.

On the days she doesn't go to school I can't get her out of the pajamas at all to get dressed. If I did not fight her she would leave them on all day.

Good thing she's cute because otherwise I'll probably have some trouble unloading her later in life.

SHELLEY said...

my little one only wants to wear her ballarena outfit ALL the freakin time. WTF, it's snowing outside for petes sake, we can't go out in a freakin bathing suit thats disguised as a ballerina suit??? I feel your pain sister, I feel your pain.