Wednesday, January 30, 2008

For the Birds

My friend Patty mentioned wanting a big bath tub this week. I have a big bath tub, and the maids are coming tomorrow to clean so I thought I would run some bleach and water through the jets because they look kind of questionable. I never use the tub except for bathing the children and I do clean it, I just don't go nuts and mess with the jets since they aren't used.

I filled the tub with an ungodly amount of water in order to cover the jets. I poured a good bit of bleach in and pressed the button. Notice I didn't say anything about ensuring that the jets were pointed down? Yeah, it's because I forgot that step. Black, gunky mold exploded from the tub and covered me, half of the bathroom floor, and the glass wall to our shower. More accurately, black, gunky mold and Clorox exploded from the tub and ruined my very comfy Target Ultimate Tee. Those maids have no idea what they are in for tomorrow.

No comments: