Thursday, January 24, 2008

Moment of Truth

What did you guys think of Moment of Truth last night? Fidel and I watched it and I was laughing at the pompous "personal trainer/ex pro football player" guy. He thought he was all that and a bag of chips, didn't he! I wish they would have gotten his wife hooked up to the lie detector to ask her, "Does your husband think he's better looking than he is" because that guy needed to be taken down a notch. I bet they end up divorcing anyway. One of his answers was that he hasn't had children with his wife because she may not be his partner for life, and the other was that he had touched a female client more than he had to for his "personal trainer" job.

One thing that really got on my nerves about this show was the overly-dramatic pauses before the answers were revealed. I understand they are trying to make good tv, but I could go for a bathroom break without pausing the Tivo if I timed it correctly. Even Fidel, who is normally the patient one, was yelling, "Spit it out, motherfucker" at the tv. I know we are all getting desperate with the lack of new tv due to the writer's strike, but waiting for that bitch to say "That answer is . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (hold on, I have a phone call... Won't be long.... Oh, it's my mother, this bitch will talk all night.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. Shit, make something up!) true" is just too much. We want to see them on the hot seat, not look at their faces for 30 seconds while you "compute" an answer. We can get the same effect in 5 seconds and move on along to the next question, which puts us closer to seeing the contestant getting clocked in the head with a shoe for revealing something juicy. Fidel and I would be all Jerry Springer on there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was afraid to watch that show...... the commercials alone were driving me insane!

It would be funny, I mean interesting to have the show go back and visit everyone a year later to see:

How many are in therapy...........
How many are divorced.........
How many husbands have gone missing while there is a semi-fresh lump of dirt in the backyard!