Friday, January 18, 2008

Dinner With Fidel

Fidel and I went out to celebrate our 11th anniversary tonight. We went to a small restaurant in our little town and it was wonderful. Earlier today, he dropped off a bottle of wine he picked for us and reserved the table he wanted for tonight. We shared an appetizer and salad. He ordered an Atlantic Cod dish, topped with Prince Edward Island mussels. I had a filet with portobello mushrooms and a Gorgonzola fondue. Dinner was excellent. We had a flourless chocolate torte with raspberries and whipped cream. It was like chocolate velvet. I could have licked the plate. I should have licked the plate. Oh, if I had it to do over again, I would have licked that plate.

I do have to brag on my husband. He got my favorite type of wine, made in the year we were married. He's very sweet.

1 comment:

K said...

Awww! Please have him send pointers to my dh, as our 11th is in May.

Happy anniversary!