Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wild Animals, Indeed

Today, Tootie came home from school with a Stevi B's sticker on her forehead. One Tuesday a month is a fundraising night for her school and the school gets $0.50 from each person dining that night. Well, we tried it once in an attempt to be good members of the school community and it about drove me to being a member of the loony-bin community. It's a buffet, sandwiched between a Wal-Mart and a Payless Shoe store with a big Ryans Family Steakhouse in the parking lot. It may as well be a concession stand at a flea market. After our first, and last, experience there I told Tootie that from now on, I'd take her to Chuck E. Cheese on Stevi B's nights. She came home grinning this afternoon, dancing and singing about Chuck E. Cheese. I'm dressed and don't feel like cooking dinner so that's fine with me. How lazy am I that I'd rather go sit at CEC than make dinner?

After Tootie got off the bus, I took her and Moggie to the local dance store to get Moggie a pair of tap shoes for dance tomorrow, and then we went to a beauty supply store for some purple shampoo for my highlights. I frequent locally owned businesses when I can, and the ladies at the beauty supply store are the owners and so very friendly. One of them asked Tootie if she was going to Stevi B's tonight and she said, "No! There are wild animals in that place!". I thought it was pretty funny and the beauty store lady was laughing at her.

No comments: