Monday, January 14, 2008

Crapola

This morning, I had to drop Moggie off at preschool at 9 and I had a haircut scheduled for 10. I had an hour to kill so I decided to just come home instead of shopping. I opened my garage door, pulled in and heard framma-bamma-lam-lam-whunk. My eyes got as big as saucers and I felt faint because I was convinced that I had managed to drive into and partially through the back wall of my garage. After I caught my breath, I realized that I had not driven into the wall and that the noise that scared the poop out of me was just the workers next door removing concrete forms from our future neighbors' newly-poured basement walls.

I was over all that excitement and I went to get my haircut and we were laughing because I am having a total blonde day and she's always having a blonde day. From the second I met Niki, we have gotten along so well and it seems like we have been best friends from birth. She was bopping around to the music and some song came on from a local group and she's like, "Can you believe these motherfuckers live over in ____________" and then she just froze and looked around to see who heard her filthy mouth. We laugh and carry on so badly that she completely forgot she was at work. She's pretty funny. She does a kick-ass haircut, too. I like to maintain anonymity on here but I'd totally post a picture of my hair today if I had on any makeup. But I don't have on any makeup, and after last week's zit-inducing eyebrow wax I would scare away all of my readers if posted said picture. Just rest assured that my hair looks fabulous. Much too fabulous for these Kohls sweatpants I'm rocking.