Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No, I Haven't

My husband just asked me if I had lost my goddamned mind. The nerve! All I asked him to do is to paint 3 rooms for me this weekend. Sheesh, you would think I'd asked for something crazy.

We are hosting Fidel's annual work bash here on February 2. I haven't done much at all to my house all year and here at the last minute I'm getting the decorating bug. It didn't help that I went to a neighbor's house for a Southern Living party this morning, and that place is like walking into a model home. She is an excellent decorator and I came home feeling like my house was a tarpaper shack. I should be cleaning with the passion of the neurotic but here I sit on the internet. If only my husband had been enthusiastic about painting my rooms, perhaps I could summon the energy to do some cleaning. Oh magical internet, please send a genie to clean my house for me. Or at least a crew from Merry Maids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Coworkers from husbands office are coming here on Saturday. Oh magical internet...