Friday, January 4, 2008

Elbows Deep

I'm elbows deep in slimy smelly dog shit. My poor dog, Buddy, has a dietary indiscretion going on, according to the vet. Yesterday, he had a marathon puking session on a hand-knotted wool rug and graduated to slimy dog shits in the afternoon. I called the vet and he said to make the dog some chicken and rice to eat to settle his stomach. It worked but I hope the dog doesn't figure out that the chicken and rice is his medicine or else he will be sticking his paw down his throat to make himself vomit some more. He does appear to be getting better but I can tell he still doesn't feel great. He's all tired and grumpy. He will be even grumpier this afternoon when I give his nasty ass a bath and trim his butt fur. I just washed all of his bedding and if I had known it was as soiled as it was I probably would have just thrown it away and bought more. Instead I put it in my washing machine with Clorox and I'm hoping for the best.

I'm off to Publix to grab some groceries before I do afternoon carpool, but I'll be home this afternoon to regale you with tales of my trip to the country earlier this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Buddy!! I hope his belly feels better!

Anonymous said...

You know..... in times like this we should all look on the bright side. It could be cat crap.

THERE IS NOTHING WORSE IN THE WORLD THAN CAT POO POO CAA CAA.

Feel better?